Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Bosch dishwasher leaving residue on silverware. 1 year.

Customer Question
Bosch dishwasher leaving residue...

Bosch dishwasher leaving residue on silverware

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Super silence 42dBA

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/10/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer not speaking on the phone.
the residue does not occur everytime, but rather occasionally.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

ok ​now do you have hard water/ When was the last time you did a cleaning cycle on your dishwasher? Also does all the soap empty? And what type of soap are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i use cascade liquid gel and finish finishing rinse. how do you do a cleaning cycle?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
Well you can run vinegar and water through a cycle to clean out everything.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
Start with an empty dishwasher. Place a cup of white vinegar in a dishwasher-safe container on the upper rack of the machine. Run the dishwasher through a hot-water cycle. This will wash away grease and grime and remove musty odors, too.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

I ​wanted to follow up with you to see if you were needing anything else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried vinegar it didn’t fix it
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

do you happen to have hard water? This could be that you have a clogged water inlet valve. Do the dishes all seem to come out hot? Is there any water left in the unit? Is all the soap dissolving?

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb