Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool washer is signaling F H. What does this mean?

Customer Question
Whirlpool washer is signaling...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Duet. 10yr

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have to know what it is first.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We are experiencing really cold weather, 6 degrees. This morning I was using the cold/cold cycle because my tankless water heater heater

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F H means water isn't coming into the washer properly from your house either on the hot or cold water side. It doesn't matter if you select cold/cold, during wash--both hot and cold water are used to regulate the temperature if the cold water is too cold to activate the detergent. Either way, to get rid of the error, just leave the washer plugged in for 20 minutes and the error will go away on it's own. As for your issue, until the washer gets hot water, you won't be able to use the washer I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.