Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool WFW92HEFC. door locked light is blinking.

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool WFW92HEFC. door locked light is blinking. I am unable to restart the machine

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is just a year old. I started the cycle and paused it just after, to change the setting, then turned it off by mistake. the door locked blinking started.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what I have to do. I cant move the machine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So the first thing you want to do is unplug the washer for 60 seconds and plug it back in to see if the latch will reset. If that doesn't work, listen closely and if you hear a motor running/humming--just leave the washer plugged in for 20 minutes and the washer should reset on it's own and unlock. Other than that, if it won't unlock and you don't hear a motor running, unplug the washer again and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach behind the front panel of the washer down to the door latch. There is a 1" round plastic tab attached to the bottom of the door latch which you can pull on to manually unlock the door. Try the washer again and if it won't unlock on it's own again--replace the latch.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.