Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker is making only a few cubes at a time, and a…

The ice maker is...

The ice maker is making only a few cubes at a time, and a red light is blinking just inside the freezer door.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Whirlpool, ED2KHAXVS03, The settings inside the main door at the top look fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am not a handy person, but things like changing the filter I can do.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of, but I sure want your help, Pearl!

Answered in 3 days by:
1/10/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

It sounds like maybe the optics may be faulty in your refrigerator or perhaps the ice maker module. Can you let me know what you see referring to the attached picture?

When I hold the little door on the right closed, allowing the light path to be open, the red light on the right side changes from flashing to continuous red. The pins in the ice-maker are in the position pictured. The black fixture where the water comes in is very firm. Since this question was first stated, the ice-maker has seemed to work OK. I am satisfied with its current function.

Great! Let me know if it hangs up again. Have a great day!

Kelly, Appliance Technician