Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool elec dryer model CE2950XSW3. when I push…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool elec dryer model CE2950XSW3. when I push the start button the motor makes a loud buzzing sound and does not start the drum turning.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model no CE2950XSW3 the dryer is approximately 21 yrs old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I recently had a repair done. the thermal fuse was defective and needed to be replaced. the machine ran for one day and then this buzzing issue and not starting

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool dryer . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

It looks like you've gotten many years out of your Whirlpool dryer. This is not uncommon. Whenever your dryer makes a loud buzzing noise when you press the start button, it means that the motor is struggling to turn but can't. This is either because something fell into the lint screen chute and got into the blower, or that the motor has failed. There is about an 80% chance that the motor has failed and the rest of the probability rest mainly on something having fallen into the blower or some other obstruction to the rotational motion of the system. I will give you the part number of the motor since it is the most likely culprit. It is 279827. You can get it on Amazon here: http://a.co/iq1Me7u

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.