Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore refrigerator 596.62232200 stopped cooling and…

Customer Question
Hi, my Kenmore refrigerator...

Hi, my Kenmore refrigerator 596.62232200 stopped cooling and freezing. The light is still on inside of the fridge and freezer, but they won't cool down. I unplugged the unit and let it sit for 1 day then tried plugging it back in, it still won't cool or freeze.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

596.62232200 is the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I would like to do the work myself if its something that can be fixed. I dont know the age of the refrigerator, it was in the house when I purchased it. Its probably at least 10 years old though.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge isn't cooling and the freezer isn't freezing. I would like them to cool and freeze. That's pretty much it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?