Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the same model refrigerator and the freezer is also…

Customer Question
I have the same model...
I have the same model refrigerator and the freezer is also not working. I cleaned out the coils behind the fridge and the fan. The compressor feels like it's vibrating just a little bit but is hot to the touch. There is no air flowing inside the freezer. Any ideas?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That would sound like the compressor is stalled and not running, this could be a bad compressor. The other likely cause is just a failed start device on the compressor. Pull the unit out and unplug it. Remove the back lower panel to get to the compressor. On the left side of the compressor you will see the start device and a retainer clip. Remove the clip and then slide the device off the compressor pins. Once it is off unplug it. If you shake it and it sounds like sand is in it it is totally burned out. Replace it with the part at this link and everything should run fine again. If it does not start the compressor after that the compressor is bad and will need to be changed out. If you need more help let me know

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

would the refrigerator part be working if the compressor was bad? The fridge part was working fine

Nothing will cool if the compressor is not working. So if the refrigerator is stll cooling and the freezer only is not you may have an even bigger issue with a low freon condition.