Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer is just rapidly flashing all lights. unplugged and…

Customer Question
My dryer is just...

My dryer is just rapidly flashing all lights. unplugged and plugged back in still doing the same thing. not reacting to any buttons or opening or closing of the door

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Cabrio, model #wed8500dw3 serial# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can and it doesn't void the warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Worked fine last night

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Did you leave it unplugged for 2 full minutes?

no, it is currently unplugged though and has been for about 10 mminutes

Do all the lights still come on?

all lights are off... still unplugged

Can you plug it back in?

plugged back in, still acting the same
Plugged in, still acting the same

What color is your console?

console, as in control panel? black
Control panel is black

Do all the display board lights flash all of them?

all of them are rapidly flashing almost flickering

Yes that is a bad display board assembly, here is a link to the part you need to fix that issue. CLICK HERE you may want to see if Whirlpool will do anything for you on it since the part is so expensive.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.