Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

He profile electric top. There seemed to be an electrical…

Customer Question
He profile electric cook...

He profile electric cook top. There seemed to be an electrical surge and the stove will not turn on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just happened today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can. We called repair can't come till the 17ty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A few receptacles blew however we reset them and they are working

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the complete model number off the unit?

No GE profile 2008 purchased from Lowes
I do not want to spend anymore money

Can you locate the model on the bottom of the unit, there are literally thousands of different ones.

It is a cook top four burner. Worked yesterday. Have never had any problems with it.
We will try it is placed in our island and there is a drawer under the cook top. My husband is checking now.
He can't get to it.
Is there a reset button on stove tops. I think it may have gotten a surge

No there is no reset button check the power at the junction box to the unit. There is a power whip that goes from the cooktop to a junction box where the wiring connects and likely something burned up in there. If the whole top does not work and it is just a 4 burner top that would be the most likely issue.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Where is the rating. Thank you.
Found it done

You should see the finish by rating link on your page. DO you see it?

On my checking acct I was charged 5 I authorized that charge. Now there is a 30 charge which I didn’t authorize. Why
I dot need a new tech I want to know why I was charged 30. He did not help the situation but was very nice.
I do not feel I should have been charged 31.00. He did not fix my problem. Please help me.