Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kenmore HE 2 Plus will not power on. 110.47532602 I will…

Customer Question
My Kenmore HE 2...

My Kenmore HE 2 Plus will not power on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

110.47532602 I will look for the manufacture date if you need it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I already replaced the controller board.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When I put power to the unit, the I hear clicks, 3 I believe. the display flashes then nothing.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Thank you. So when you plug it in, you do hear something and/or the display flashes but it will not turn on after?

That is correct
I replaced the main control unit, and the noise filter.

On the main control, there is a connector labeled MI3. If you unplug that connector and then plug the machine back in, will the display come on?

I will be at work for a few more hours. I will test once I get home.

Sure, just reply when you can, thank you!

The display does not come back on

What control did you replace, do you have the part number, please?

Whirlpool OEM Part #WPW10525354

That really only leaves the User Interface control. Since it won't power up at all we can't use the on boarsd diagnostic cycle at all, so I would rep[lace the UI board, available below.

CLICK HERE