Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a duet steam dryer and the inlet valve is broken -

Customer Question
I have a duet...

I have a duet steam dryer and the inlet valve is broken - can I just disconnect the inlet water hose?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool Duet WGD9570

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes - I had to turn off the water so it didn't flood my basement which means I can not use the washer. I ordered a new hose but can't do the work right now.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If the water is on - it pours out of the bottom of the washer. I would have to take it apart to work on it. I just want to wash clothes today and dry without the steam function.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Sorry - model # is WGD9750W
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes just disconnect the water line to the unit and if you do not use any steam function it will be fine.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.