Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model # WDT780SAEM1. Installed…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher model # WDT780SAEM1. Installed about 1.5 years ago. It stopped working this past Saturday. No water will go into the washer. We had three days of sub freezing temps but I checked the water line to the washer and it was not frozen. But, it was during that timeframe when it stopped working. Just makes a humming/buzzing sound now. Any thoughts about what might be wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Already provided.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am pretty handy around the house and can certainly repair lots of things, cars, etc... So, yes, if possible I would like to do it myself. I just have no clue what is wrong.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you see if the valve is buzzing, remove the bottom panel on the unit and see if that fill valve is making the noise, the water line connects right to it. If it is either the valve is bad or you have a water supply issue to the valve. You may want to shut the supply valve off to the unit then disconnect the water supply and make sure you have water to it 100%. See what you find.

CLICK HERE VALVE

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks. Looks like it will be Monday before I can purchase any parts. I disconnected earlier because the website was asking me to enroll in a trial service plan. Bait and switch marketing !!! Very dissatisfied with that tactic!

I just work for the site to get the answers you need for the appliance or HVAC questions. I have no control over the sites marketing things and I am only paid a small amount through the site only if you supply a good star rating for me. That is just how this works.