Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Epic Z washer we bought in 2008. It didn't…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Epic Z washer we bought in 2008. It didn't complete the wash cycle yesterday and gave us a F1 message

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 years old MHWZ400TQ

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It never finished the cycle and there is standing water and a few clothes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That error is a main Central Control Unit Failure. There has been a major hardware failure on that board and that is an unrecoverable error. You can try to unplug it for a minute and plug it back in, but if there error comes back you need to replace this board. CLICK HERE PART remove the top of the unit and it is off to the right hand side to install the new one. CLICK HERE VIDEO

We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.