Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I feel like the "cycles" on my Bosch SilencePlus 46 dBA

Customer Question
I feel like the...

I feel like the "cycles" on my Bosch SilencePlus 46 dBA dishwasher run too long. I am wondering if the previous owner of this home, had them changed and if they should be reset? I think there should be a "shorter cycle" for light loads

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hold on, please - I just got a work phone call and need to contact you in 10 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Sorry about the delay ... work and family I was just shopping for a new dishwasher for my daughter and got to thinking that I am kind of frustrated with the Bosch that I have .... ALL the cycles are soooooooo long

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the "shortest cycle / time" that a Bosch SilencePlus 46 dBA has available?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number of the dishwasher. Its either on a sticker on the side of the door or its etched into the silver door frame on the top left hand side and it starts E-nr.

Also how long are the cycles taking?

I hope you can help me figure out how to "reset" the length of time that they cycles on my Bosch SilencePlus 46 dBA dishwasher runs. It makes me pretty unhappy that I have already been billed $23 when you have not even seen my question!
I will look to see if I can find the "model number" someplace on the machine...

Once i have the model number i can check it out for you then.

model
SHX55R55UC/64
FD9301 04186

Thanks for that.

And how long is the cycles taking?

Also does it seem to get hot during the wash and the plates come out dry?

My husband didn't realize that I was trying to connect with you and he started the dishwasher when I was outside. Now, I'm not sure what the length of cycle time is as it has been running for some period of time.
I opened the door and tried to turn off the machine and turn it back on. I think the "length of time" is still registering as though it has been running for a period of time and is not as long as the number indicate when I first push Heavy Wash or Auto Wash or Normal of Half Load
is there a way to "reset" it to Original Factory Times and determine if it is giving me the options that came with the machine when it was installed?
My husband is a widow and I'm not sure how long he and his wife had the machine before. I have lived here for 4 years.

There isnt an option on these were you can alter the times. As its preprogrammed so theres no reset you can do.

If its taking too long on a cycle then it normally means theres a fault with it.

What cycle do you normally use?

As the normal wash cycle should take 115 minutes. Is it taking about this time or is it taking longer?

Is there anyway that I can "turn the machine off" and get it to let me start it again from scratch?

To cancel the cycle out you need to press and hold the Heavy wash and Normal wash buttons together for a few seconds and it will reset the cycle.

Then you will be able to start a new one from there.

Heavy Wash 111
Auto Wash 115
Normal Wash 84
Half Load 91Are these the "correct times" from the manufacturer?
39;Heavy Wash" takes LESS time than "Auto Wash." Is that normal?

The wash times on this listed in the service manual from Bosch is as below.

Heavy Wash 135 mins

Auto Wash is between 95 and 115 mins

Normal Wash is 115 mins

Half Load is 99 mins

Bear in mind these are average times as these dishwashers are what they call smart control. So it picks up the amunt of soap left and the dirt on the pots and adjustes the timming as it needs. Then the control board remembers the time it took last and it will display that timing so these are rough timmings that it shows.

Do these machines heat their own water?

Yes, They have a heater in there which heats the water up to the temperture it needs.

Do the "wash times" that I have given you seem like they are close enough to the factory set times to indicate that the machine is working properly?

Yes, The wash times you have give is correct. If anything some of yours is a little bit quicker then what Bosch state.

So your dishwasher is working just fine. As them wash times are about average on all dishwashers now a days. As they take longer then the older models used to. But belive it or not it actually uses less electric and water then the old ones used to. To get the same wash results thats why the cycles are longer then the older models.

how much is this "communication" with you going to cost me?

Its only the amount you sorted out with the site at the start. Im afraid i dont see any of that as i just answer the questions on here.