Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag Front Load washer throwing F06 & E02 code. Door w ont…

Customer Question
Maytag Front Load washer throwing...
Maytag Front Load washer throwing F06 & E02 code. Door w ont unlock. Tried flipping breaker multiple times and even leaving off for 30 minutes before turning it back on with same door locked.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Maytag washer . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure that you miss your washer and I'm really sorry to bring you this bad news - but let me explain your error code. F06 E02 is a communication error because your MCU and your CCU (central control unit). You'll want to remove the lower front panel or the entire back panel of the washer and make sure the wire connections to the motor control unit below the tub are all secure. If everything checks good, you'd need to have the MCU replaced. You may want to call Whirlpool (they own Maytag now) since the unit is still quite new I can tell by the model number and the part costs about $200. See if they will help with the repair because this is really a bad break on a fairly new unit.

Now if the door happens to be locked, you need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the latch assembly. You need to unplug the washer and pull down on that plastic tab to manually unlock the door.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was incorrect. Codes flashing are E01 & F06. Now what?

Oh, I see. Ok. That would be a different answer. One moment.

This is an indication of a failing main control. You might try powering down the unit for 60 seconds and then plug it back in to see if that resolves it. If not, I will give you the part number for the control. One moment,

Please give me the model number of the washer - found in the door frame.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
MHW6000XG2 is the model number

Ok, the part number for the control is W10427972

You can find it on Amazon.com here: http://a.co/cZIOwIS

It can be found in the top right of the machine after taking the top cover off. Remove the screws from the top back of the cover and slide it backward to release it.

- Please rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. I will be logging off shortly for a while. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you sure on that part number? In just removed the computer and it looks like a different setup than Amazon?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The grey cover said UL Part #E192533The computer module said P/N W10388316

Let me take a look. One moment.

Yes, I looked at some alternate resources and am finding the same part number. Here is a reference and diagram for you. The part is #4 on the diagram.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/MHW6000XG2/3048/0153200.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, just ordered. Part should come in on the 12th. I will replace, let you know it worked, and rate you at that time.

I won't be able to keep the case open that long. I will opt out now so that if you have future questions, this case will be opened up to all experts on Just Answer. In other words, it will no longer be locked by me. No need to reply back to me since I will no longer be connected to this case. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question. Have a good day.

Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 month ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

That error is a communication error and can be caused by many things and does not indicate one specific part has failed. See the attached page.

Oftentimes, this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns.

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician