Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Whirlpool dishwasher still has about an inch of water in…

Customer Question
Hi. My Whirlpool dishwasher...

Hi. My Whirlpool dishwasher still has about an inch of water in the bottom. I couldn’t get it to cycle again so I switched the circuit breaker off and on. The dishwasher started. It went through a cycle and still had the same amount of water in it. I’m running another cycle now. What else should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Over 10 years. I will check the model. Is it inside the machine?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope. That’s all I know.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

IF you cancel the cycle after it has started it should run the drain pump and drain out all the water. Also check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know!

CLICK HERE

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.