Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer will not start the screen shows a Lc. Duet direct…

Customer Question
My washer will not...

My washer will not start the screen shows a Lc

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Duet direct drive dont know were the # is about 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope its not that complicated

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does the Lc mean

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Whirlpool Duet Direct Drive
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

If not then can you take a picture of the front controls of the washer and post it on here?

WFW72HEDW0 SER. C42451305

Thanks for that.

LC means the control lock is turned on.

If you look at the control panel in the bottom right corner is the control lock button.

Press and hold this button in for about 7 seconds and it will turn the lock off from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.