Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2 year old BOSCH microwave 800 series (HMC80251UC).

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a 2 year old BOSCH microwave 800 series (HMC80251UC). The display has suddenly gone very dim,

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's exactly 2 years old and the model is HMC80251UC (800 series)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's easy..

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It's a built in

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the display is dim then it either needs the settings altering to turn the brightness up or its a faulty display.

Ive taken a screen shot on how to alter the settings on the display. Click the link below and try the setings and see what happens.

Click here

But if that isnt the case then im afraid its a faulty control board as the screen is part of the board. In this case it will need to be replaced.

Click here for the part

So try the above as its either the settings or a faulty board here im afraid.

Thanks for your response. I had already tried changing the settings before contacting Justas.com. I have the manual at home.
There are people on the internet who suggest replacing the capacitors on the control board. Do you know anything about this?

This can be the case. If you are handy with a soldering iron then access the control board and look at all the capacitors on there and see if any have doomed. If the top of the capacitor has gone a dome shape instead of being flat then try and replace that capacitor and see how it goes.