Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosch 30" range model HGS255UC/01. I had to remove…

Customer Question
I have a Bosch...

I have a Bosch 30" range model HGS255UC/01. I had to remove the stove top to clean around the igniters and the burner bolts were so rusted that I snapped the heads off 5 of the 8. I got them removed finally, but cannot find the proper screws anywhere. They looked and measured to be #8 X 3/4" 18 thread, but those will not work. Any help would be welcome. Only option left is to re-drill and tap the castings

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model HGS255UC/01. I think new about 2005 or 2006. The instructions are dated 2004

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have to. No repair outfit will touch it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I originally removed the stove top to clean around the igniters as they would not stop clicking even after being lit. Checked all rotary switches for shorts and OK. Ordered a new spark module today, but the burner screws are impossible to find unless you can give me a physical description, i.e. metric or SAE and size, threads per inch etc.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

John, Home Appliance Technician