Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave oven,no lights. power is ok from outlet. Will try…

Customer Question
Microwave oven,no lights. power...

Microwave oven,no lights. power is ok from outlet

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No, will try that. thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Left micro unplugged for two hours. Came back on &said reset.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Left micro unplugged for 2 Hours. Came back on & said reset. Set time & turntable rotated but no heat.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

So it runs now and rotates but nothing heats correct.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it. Lastly if all the switches check out good then you may just have a failed magentron tube, that is the part that does the heating. The cost for that part is about 150-200 dollars on average so often it is not worth repairing on most units.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.