Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a jenn air built-in side by side. Our freezer has…

Customer Question
We have a jenn...

We have a jenn air built-in side by side. Our freezer has icicles coming from the inside front and temperature is rising

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Don't know the model. probably about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully, i'm usually handy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just how to fix it. Will I have to pull it out from the cabinet

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the complete model number off the unit?

I'm at work and don't have model #. It was a scratch/dent model we got cheap and they removed the mode/serial plate. My wife is trying to find model. It's a large built-in side by side
Wife found a user guide with this on it 10842193EB Could that be the model #

The model number would be on a tag on the wall liner in the refrigerator section typically it should start with 3-4 letters.

but it was removed by the dealer when we got it.

Is the compressor and fan by the compressor running?

You can try to shut the breaker off to the unit for a full 5 minutes and power it back on and see if it starts to run again. I would need a model to help more in depth or a pic may help. I did not receive anything image wise though.

JS42PPFXDA could this be the model #

Yes that is the model, this is a more complex unit and has a variable speed compressor you would need ot do some voltage testing and in depth troubleshooting on this unit for the repair. Is this something you can do?

No, but we have a friend in the appliance business, I am going to see if he can help me. Thanks

ok no problem if you need more help let me know.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.