Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a front loading washer model WFW9550WW0. It stopped…

Customer Question
I have a front...

I have a front loading washer model WFW9550WW0. It stopped in the middle of the rinse cycle with 20 minutes left. I turned it off; the water did not drain completely. When I tried to set it to drain/spin, it does not start. It makes a beeping noise. And does the same thing in every other setting/

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool front loading, model WFW9550WW0. It's 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on how hard it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It will occasionally do that when I try to start is. That is, i change to a different setting/cycle (whites, bulky, whatever) and it will beep and not start. Sometimes if I rearrange the load it does. It didn't today.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition and let me know.

I had done that before. Nothing changed.

Does anything light up on the display?

It lights up. It just won't start

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.