Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ice maker isn't working. The ice maker rack is full of…

My ice maker isn't...

My ice maker isn't working. The ice maker rack is full of frozen water. It was turned off for a time without the water supply being turned off. How can I thaw the rack?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's new. I'm not at home currently, but I have the Operating Manual. This is on the cover: B21CL80SNS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd like to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I know at this point.

1/5/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To thaw out the rack, you're going to just want to get a bath towel to soak up the water, and use a hair dryer. Move the hair dryer around, don't keep it in one spot because you don't want to melt the plastic liner, but just keep heat going on it until all the ice is melted.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc