Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My KitchenAid refrigerator has stopped working, apparently I…

Customer Question
My KitchenAid refrigerator has...

My KitchenAid refrigerator has stopped working, apparently I didn't close the door properly. How do I reset the temperature buttons that are flashing? This model has a two door fridge and freezer on the bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Doesn't say on the fridge (came with the house). the number on the sticker inside says... MOD KBFC42FTS08

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to adjust the temperature and have the numbers stop blinking

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

A Master Alarm Reset can be performed by pressing Cooling (ON/ OFF) twice or by turning the power to the refrigerator off and on again. See “Power On/Off Switch.” After performing a Master Alarm Reset, the indicator light will reactivate if the condition that caused the alarm is still present.

Over temperature red light is flashing. Freezer and refrigerator settings are flashing
I have turn the cooling on off button twice nothing has changed

as stated earlier in my last post .

the indicator light will reactivate if the condition that caused the alarm is still present.

the over temp light will stay on until the unit cools back down from the door being left open .

and if your pressing the units on/ off button and waiting any amount of time to press the on /off button again it will not do the reset

You have to press it twice just one press right after the other.