Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a panosonic microwave INVERTER oven model-NN-S255WFX…

Customer Question
I have a panosonic...

I have a panosonic microwave INVERTER oven model-NN-S255WFX THE LIGHT BULBS ON THE OVEN BURNT i CHANGED THE LIGHT BULBS AND THEY WORK BUT WHEN YOU TRY TO CLOSE THE LIGHT WITH THE OIN OFF SWITCH IT DOESNT TRUN OFF AND THE LIGHT BECOMES VERY HOT

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your MODEL-NN-S255WFX?

Bought it in 2007

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Change the light bulbs which were burnt

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

We cannot shut the light using the on off switch

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

So the interior light does not turn off?

The exterior light it is installed above stove

Then you would have a stuck relay on the main control board on the microwave. The main control has a lighting relay on it that controls the on and off functions of the light. You would need to replace that board to fix this issue. I am not showing it available, but the part number is *****

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.