Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave suddenly quit heating. Clock and timer work.

Customer Question
My microwave suddenly quit...

My microwave suddenly quit heating. Clock and timer work. What is possible cause?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE profile

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is six years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Does the unit seem to be making the normal noise after you have pressed start ?

And after you have selected a selection and pressed start does the display count down?

Model # PEB2060SM1SS
Yes it makes normal noise
Yes display counts down
Model#PEB2060SM1SS
Yes it makes normal noise
Yes display counts down

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

Is this a scam? I am contacting my credit card company having them deny payment. I have not received any answer. I am not paying $24.

please bear with me, once you have given me all of the information that I need it does take time to go to the manufactures and the parts dealers web sites to get you Any parts info to give to you , it is not instant!

Ok it took time for the GE website to populate.

If the unit is running and counting down and just not heating , your looking at a bad electronic control board.

GE is showing the the control board part number WB27X10966 is no longer available from them any longer.

By law appliance manufactures only have to supply replacement parts for 7 years after the unit was introduced .