Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 36" Thermador professional model range with four…

Customer Question
I have a 36"...

I have a 36" Thermador professional model range with four burners and a center BBQ grill over a large oven. Installed in 2001. Two of my burner igniters stopped working and the repairman states they are not fixable (NO PARTS AVAILABLE)> Can this be true? Matt in Carmel, CA

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I am not at my home just now but it was brand new in 2001 and I know it's a professional drop-in model with electric igniters and and least one thermostat controlled burner. Gas BBQ center and electric oven underneath. Professional stainless exhaust hood separate with screens.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, we called a repair company to fix igniters and he says Thermador no longer makes the parts. I can't believe I'm going to have to junk a professional piece of equipment over something as simple as an electric igniter?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Apparently not. I'm just looking for equipment parts.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?