Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer. Tried to start a load and…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer. Tried to start a load and the lid lock keeps clicking and it will not start. Is there anything I can do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # wtw5840bw0. Serial # c42630958. It’s maybe 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is it fixable?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’d like to fix it myself

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

does the lid seem to close properly?

ok if the lid is closing properly ,then I recommend to replace the lid latch /lock switch assembly.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

The parts link also has an installation video showing how to replace the switch .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

The washer still clicks withe the lid opened or closed

yes that is why you need to replace the lid switch assembly

the control is clicking that is it trying to lock the lid but it is not able to lock the lid ,that is why you need to replace the lid switch assembly.

This is a common issue on this design of washer.