Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My 5 year old over the counter microwave will not heat food.

Customer Question
My 5 year old...

My 5 year old over the counter microwave will not heat food. I saw an E-13 code when I asked it to reheat something. Cannot find any codes in the installation guide nor can I find the owner's manual.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Have to locate the tag on inside for this info?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not if I can help it. I just need to know is it fixable?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you need the model #?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Model is SMH1926S purchased in 2012.
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. If you just program a timed cook cycle, like 2 minutes, will it heat?
  2. Does it sound just the same as it did when it was working?
1. no
2 yes

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare....

The magnetron, the part that makes the food heat, has likely failed. The magnetron is under warranty, though. However, the labor is not. So, you will have to pay labor to have it repaired but the part will be covered. You may schedule warranty service by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG. Should you decide to accept full responsibility for the repair, I can help with replacement instructions, too! Just let me know, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

I suspected as much. No, thanks. I think I am done with Samsung for microwaves.

Sorry for the phone call offer, I have no control over those.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?