Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool duet dryer...all lights function. When you try to…

Customer Question
Whirlpool duet dryer...all lights function...
Whirlpool duet dryer...all lights function. When you try to start a cycle, you get one loud click, but nothing happens. Replaced control board. Did not solve problem...help?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Gew9250pw1

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

When you power the unit ON and program it and press start for the 3 seconds does the time display count down after 60 seconds to the next lower number?

When you try to start cycle, you hear loud click, time remaining flashes but does NOT count down

ok if the time is flashing does the dryer door seem top close properly?

Hold one second...I had dryer door open. Am retesting
It does indeed count down

ok so you either have a thermal fuse open ,the belt broken or a bad drive motor .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

No, I do not unfortunately

ok can you remove the front lower panel (two screws on the underside of the panel)?

ok ok remove the lower front panel and you can look to see if the belt is broken or off the motor pulley .

and then if the belt is good we can bypass the thermal fuse for testing .

Ok.. belt looks good
How can I bypass thermal fuse?

ok on top of the blower housing there is a thermal fuse it has two light blue wires on it .

Unplug the dryer from the outlet .

Take and unplug the two wires from the thermal fuse .and join them to each other using a metal paper clip as a bridge, make sure the paper clip is not touching any metal and plug the dryer back in ans the power it on and try to start it as normal and let me know if it the starts.

yes those two light blue wires

Any suggestions for using something besides a paper clip?
Wire nail perhaps?

If you take a piece of aluminum foil and make a piece folded over several time make it1s final size about 1/4 inch wide and 1/2 inch long to join the two wires together.

Feel like McGyver here

yep!

Ok, hooked up writes, plugged up dryer, got a PF error code

now press power On and try to start the unit.

PF is power failure.

Does not start... same clicking noise

ok if you have joined the two light blue wires and the belt is on the motor pulley ,and you have already replaced the main control board .

Then you have a bad drive motor .

give me a minute to look up the part info for you.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Thank you for the help

Glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance !

And have a Safe and Happy New Year.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Master Tech
Master Tech