Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid (probably 2012) KUDS35XSSF. It runs for…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchenaid...

I have a Kitchenaid (probably 2012) KUDS35XSSF. It runs for longer than 4 hours even on 1 hour wash. I did the cold reboot (circuit breaker...nothing changed)) but was wondering how to do a control panel reboot to see if that cures things. Thank you, *****: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably 2012n KUDS35XSSF control buttons are on top of door so not useable when door closed.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible. Also last letter is not F but 5 SS5

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When we stop the machine after a long time, the glasses are a little slimy.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

On that unit if it is running excessively you should check the turbidity sensor and see if it is clean. Often they can get totally scaled up and then it will make the unit run excessively long. The sensor senses how clean or dirty the water is and makes the unit run more or less depending on the clarity of the water. Here is a video showing you how to change it and you should take it out and see if it is clean. If it is you may want to replace it. You can just shut the breaker off to the unit for a full minute and power it back on to reset the board.

CLICK HERE

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Two strikes. Video not appropriate for my machine. I realize that there are thousands of these machines, but I had to go to ApplianceAid.com to find the right manual and the location of the sensor (I had to pull machine out from wall). Secondly, my real reason for contacting you all was to find out if there is a control panel reboot beyond the simple turn off the circuit breaker for 5 minutes routine (ie press these buttons and do this then that). My dishwasher has its control buttons on the inside top of the door and so CAN NOT do press heat then cancel, etc 5 times as in some Kitchenaids. Thanks

Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses all the lights should light up then you can press cancel that would be a hard reset on the board.