Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My refrigirator makes a steady knocking sounding noise for…

Customer Question
My refrigirator makes a...

My refrigirator makes a steady knocking sounding noise for short periods of time and my ice maker is not working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a kitchen aide side by side with a bottom freezer drawer model KBFS22EWMS3. It is five years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The knocking sound may be coming from the icemaker, if the icemaker mold heater has gone bad the unit will continue to try and eject the cubes and can make a knocking sounds for short periods of times. I would suspect since the icemaker is not working and you are getting that sound I would say you just have a bad icemaker. CLICK HERE PART

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician