Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool range a buzzer is going off with the

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool range a buzzer is going off with the message F5E1. How do I turn it off

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 5years old, I do not know made;number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

PROBABLY NPT, I HOPE IT IS JUST A SWITHCH

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

AGAIN WHAT DO I DO

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F5 E1 means that your door latch isn't functioning properly. Open the door if it's not locked and wiggle the latch. Reset power to the range by unplugging the unit or flipping the breaker off for 60 seconds. If the error comes back, the door latch will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?