Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a 201 bosch front load washer/ dryer. The washing…

Customer Question
We have a 201...

We have a 201 bosch front load washer/ dryer. The washing machine is making noises when it cycles in a clockwise direction

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wfvc6450uc bought in 2010 DLX FR LD washer with aqua shield

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can send a video of the problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you turn the drum by hand do you hear the noise?

Is it a clicking noise?

OK. No noise if turning by hand.

Are you able to send the video link of the problem please.

I took a video of the machine with my iphone. I don't know how to insert it here. Can I send it to you via cell phone? Please provide your #. thanks

Not sure how to upload a video on here. But if you can upload it to Youtube and post the link on here and i can get it then.

Don't know how to upload to Youtube. How about an email address?

Send it to***@******.*** and i should get it then

on the way
Please note, the sound only occurs in the clockwise direction.

Thanks for the video ive just seen it.

The noise sounds like its the motor.

To check what you need to do is remove the back panel of the washer and remove the belt from the back of the drum.

Then set it going on a wash and see if it makes the noise still then. If it does then its the motor thats causing the noise im afraid.

But if there isnt any noise then somthing is stuck between the drums.

To check this you need to remove the black hose on the bottom of the drum going to the pump.

There you will be able to feel between the drums and see if theres anything in there catching on the drum as it turns.

Check them if you can and see what you find from there.

Do you mean remove AND RE-FIT the belt from the back of the drum - or remove it completely and then set it on wash again?And did you get the note that the noise only occurs in one direction?

Remove it completely as this way the motor will turn but the drum wont so you should be able to work out if the noise is the motor or the drum.

OK. Give me 10 minutes

No worries.

Looka like there are 17 "screws" on the back panel requiring a special tool. I tried hex keys but they don't fit. Suggestions?

They will be Torx screws (star shapped)

If you have a small flat bladed screwdriver this sometimes works on them.

Don't have Torx and I tried the a small screwdriver. I'll have to call for a service tech. Thanks anyway.

No worries. Hopefully they can sort it for you from there.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician