Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do i install a heater in fridge. 2 months old model

Customer Question
How do i install...

How do i install a heater in fridge

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

2 months old model fftr1814two

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just telle where to get instructions to install

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model

What is the part number of the garage heater that your wanting to install?

Ok so this is just the defrost heater in the freezer section.

Just remove everything out of the freezer and remove the rear interior freezer wall panel and the defrost heater is mounted on the silver Evaporator coil and held on the coil with two clips ,just pull the clips , unplug each end of the heater and pull it out of the freezer and then install the new one.