Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HAVE A 30 in side byside. the front panel says not cooling.

Customer Question
HAVE A 30 in...

HAVE A 30 in side byside. the front panel says not cooling. pushed the buttons that say to turn on. nothing. No functions on panel or water work, tried unplugging, when plugged back in, was able to get water and select ice type, but not able to turn back on.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Wprs586fldw. no

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What are possible causes and or what do I need to test

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

To turn the cooling back on you need to press and hold the LOCK and MEASURED FILL buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds. If it does not come back on let me know.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

no the "cooling off" notice just flashes
no

OK if it will not turn back on you would need a new user interface board, they had a lot of issues with that unit so it is not uncommon. Here is a link to the part CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE VIDEO