Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE microwave oven model #JVM1790SK. The led display…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE microwave oven model #JVM1790SK. The green led display light in the upper front of the microwave that show the time and all other instructions has become very dim. Is there a way to brighten it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased on 04/07/11

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is nothing in the manual that I can find that indicates this kind of issue with the brightness of the display panel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE Microwave. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to increase the brightness of this display. It is set by the circuitry that is soldered on the board as well as by the health of the display itself. The only way to increase the brightness would be to replace the smart board itself. The part number for the board is WB27X10866. You can get it on Amazon.com here: http://a.co/eXGytxd

You would just unplug the microwave, wait 3 hours for the HV capacitor to discharge, remove the screws from the grill on the top, and then from the control panel. Slide the control panel upward to release it. Then unscrew the board and remove he connectors and swap out the board. Reassemble in reverse order.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.