Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our LG refrigerator has been blowing the fuse. We discovered…

Customer Question
Our LG refrigerator has...

Our LG refrigerator has been blowing the fuse. We discovered it only does when you try and use the ice dispenser. What can we do ?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 Years. French door refrigerator

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, not really. My husband would try. Just wondered if there was something that could be done until I could get a repair man out tomorrow.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Until today, we had been able to flip the circuit and it would remain on. Today, it remained on until my husband tried to get ice using the ice maker. Breaker flipped off and can’t get it to stay on. We have tried several times and have unplugged it. We even took off the back, cleaned out some lint and tried again. Still nothing. My husband just discovered that the circuit stays on when the frog is not plugged in.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could this be our model number? LFX28979ST
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi! We have called a repair man.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

I ​totally understand and will have this cancelled for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 month ago

your welcome

John, Home Appliance Technician