Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can not get the grease marks off my kitchen aid

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get the grease marks off my kitchen aid self-cleaning oven even after the self cleaning oven feature has been used

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s just over a year old.(###) ###-####is the only number I am finding on the oven.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. Other than the grease marks, there was a grease catcher sheet left in the bottom of the oven while the cleaning feature was used. Most of it came off but there are remnants of it stuck to the floor of the oven.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 3 days by:
1/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Is there a product you recommend?

Well, the drip mat underwent a chemical change and actually became part of the liner, this is pretty common. There are some ways to get it off but I can only show you but not recommend since they can be somewhat dangerous to try. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The link below shows how to use toilet cleaner (acid) to get foil off but the process is the same. However, as stated earlier, I do not recommend this as it can be hazardous due to the fumes. The alternative is to replace the oven floor, if it is replaceable.

CLICK HERE