Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

OUR REFRIGERATOR IS Making a groaning sound. stops when you…

Customer Question
OUR REFRIGERATOR IS Making...

OUR REFRIGERATOR IS Making a groaning sound. stops when you open doors

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung RFG298HDRS/XAA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We think it probably needs to be defrosted, no manual to teach us how...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 month ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes there may be an issue with ice on the fan. The easiest way to defrost it is to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit. Then empty the refrigerator section out and freezer and just leave the doors open to it. You can put a space heater blowing into the cavity with the doors open to speed up the defrost process. You should let it defrost for about 3-4 hours and then plug it back in and all should be good again.

I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here for payment and will receive nothing unless a rating is given. Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician