Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Ge side by side refrigerator is working great including…

Customer Question
Our Ge side by...

Our Ge side by side refrigerator is working great including dispensing water. The issue is that the ice cubes aren't being produced and the arm on the ice cube is down. any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # is G5254743 and it may be 20 years old, we just bought this house and it worked a few months ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The icemaker has likely failed on the unit. The life on one is about 10 years typically. Do you have the complete model number off the tag on the unit. The G525 number is ***** it, the model will start with 3 to 4 letters and should be on a tag on the wall liner of the refrigerator section.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician