Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Gibson Freezer Model # GFU16F7AW7 makes loud humming

Customer Question
My Gibson Freezer Model...

My Gibson Freezer Model # GFU16F7AW7 makes loud humming noise. Does not it do it all of the time, What do you think the problem

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

GFU16F7AW7

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If a simple repair, yes. Someone told me it is probably the cooling fan.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Does not make the noise all of the time. Sometimes it is quite for an hour or two, but then starts making the noise again

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

When the noise occurs, how long does it last for?