Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag refridgerator / freezer and the freezer wont…

I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag refridgerator / freezer and the freezer wont freeze, but the fridge worksFFTR1814TW(-623739

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WE GOT IT ON 10/15/2017FFTR1814TWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THE FRIDGE WAS A SCRACH AND DENT.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your refrigerator . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

If you are getting frost building up in the freezer section on the back wall (inside) then you have a defrost problem most likely caused by the defrost thermostat ( part number(###) ###-####.

If there is no frost build up, then your refrigerator's compression system was probably damaged in whatever incident occurred that dented the unit. This may have caused a leak in the refrigerant. Based on the information you gave me it does sound like it is low on refrigerant. This is an advance repair that requires special equipment, skill, and licensing. I would contact an appliance repair company that does sealed system work to come out and take a look at it and determine if it is a good candidate for a refrigerant recharge. I normally charge $150 to do a refrigerant recharge. This cost may be what you would expect, depending on the company you hire.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to question. Thank you.

Can I get a date

A date for what?

Engineer-Tech
Phone call session started