Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is blacks specks all over my wash. Model #wtw8240yw0…

Customer Question
There is blacks specks...

There is blacks specks all over my white wash

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model #wtw8240yw0 and it is 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes ,I dust ran a cloth around the edge underneath and there was rust

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

What type of detergent do you use?

He or non He

And have you ever run a store bought washer cleaner thru the unit yet?

All packets
Yes I ran store bought cleaner

ok these specs that your getting will the wash off the clothes if you just run then under water and use your finger to wipe at the specks?

And when was the last time you run cleaner thru the unit?

Ran the cleaner today still have specs . My husband took the back cover off it has the specs all over the tub

on the outside of the outer tub?

And has the inner tub ever been removed and cleaner by hand ?

No we don’t see how to take the inner tub out

pop the center cap out ,there is a bolt under the cap and the the agitator lifts up and out of the inner tub

here is a video that shows with in the first 1 minute or so how the inner tub comes out .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUltDBKLU3I

Thank you for your help. Cleaned the inner tub as well as the back side of the inner tub. All the black is gone

ok you may have to do that every few months.

Glad to assist you anytime.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.
And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.