Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older Samsung front loader dryer. It will not turn…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an older Samsung front loader dryer. It will not turn off, nor heat up

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

DV431AEW/XXA 01

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am hoping to I am thinking that my son leaned in to the dryer, pushing multiple buttons or something, I have had no issues prior

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that is all I kno know I have been googling things single mom and strapped for cash, so hoping there is a way to troubleshoot the dryer, if possible

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only thing that can stop the dryer from not turning off would be the main control board. This also controls the heating so that can definitely cause your heating issue as well. Either way, you'll need to order and replace the main board located above the dryer drum mounted to the left side wall. To access, just pull the dryer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. now you can see the board attached to the left side wall. Below is a link to the part and it's about $120 or so. The part number is *****

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc