Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had a power surge and my old Jennair range began to beep,

Customer Question
Hi. We had...

Hi. We had a power surge and my old Jennair range began to beep, J9 appeared and the oven door is locked. I tried shutting off the circuit and the starting it again, but it didn't work. Help!!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where is the model number. I would guess that it is at least 20 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

the model /serial tag should be on the back side of the console on the rear of the range.