Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What causes the drum to slip out of place. Recent, drum will…

Customer Question
What causes the drum...

What causes the drum to slip out of place

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Recent, drum will not turn

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I took the top off to take a look and the drum seemed to be out of place. I moved it into place and started the dryer and it turned but quickly fell/tilted to where it would not turn.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidaire washer/dryer combo. FEX831fs0

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

The dryer drum sits on a rear bearing and in the front it has a glide and felt seals that hold it straight.

I would have to suspect that the felt seals are worn .

Would you like parts info ?

okay ill try that. I can look up part. You don't think its the rear bearing?

I would replace the bearing and the glides and the felt seals all at one time.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.