Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a portable Maytag dishwasher. The collar of the part…

Customer Question
I have a portable...

I have a portable Maytag dishwasher. The collar of the part that attaches to the faucet seems to be stuck in the down position. The part that you push down to attach it. What might be the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model # is MDC4809AWW0 it is approximatly 6or7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

A part # would be great. could it be as simple as the o ring

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Have you grabbed the collar and tried to twist it to see if it would break loose and spring back up ?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?