Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just had a ice maker installed and it makes small

Customer Question
I just had a...

I just had a ice maker installed and it makes small cubes...I looked at videos to determine if there is a way to make them bigger...answer was to take off cover and adjust water flow but I can’t get cover off

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

The ice maker should be new but it has no model tag on it...the frig is about 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

EN36BNDFSs
EN36BNDFSS

That model isn't pulling up. Who makes this? Are the beginning letters correct?

Sorry....EF36BNDFSS

That works, thank you.

There is only a very marginal adjustment for the fill on the icemaker. If you pull the front white plastic cover off the head of the icemaker (it just prys and pops off), there is a tiny (usually white plastic) screw coming in from the right side of the icemaker. You will need to turn this screw. Turn this screw COUNTER-clockwise 1/2 turn to raise the fill by 10 ccs. Other than that, if that doesn't adjust it enough, you'll need a new icemaker or you need to make sure you have good water pressure getting to the icemaker. Attached below is a picture showing you the screw to turn.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?