Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE sensor microwave oven has had a food smell for a few…

Customer Question
My GE sensor microwave...

My GE sensor microwave oven has had a burnt food smell for a few months. It is not an electrical wire smell. What should I do.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 10 years old. The model no. is: JE1860BH 04

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends what has to be done.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so, just that it really smells like burnt food....not just on the inside, but a foot away from it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/6/2018
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The smell is likely from the area of the wave guide, behind the cover at the top of thew microwave, number 1520 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The easiest way to rid the microwave of odors is to place a microwave safe bowl of a vinegar/water solution (75% water, 25% vinegar) and start the microwave for 5 minutes. Once it stops, do not open the door and just allow the bowl to remain inside for an hour or more. The odor should go away after that process.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!